Sunday, October 21, 2007

All Over the World

Picture Me In "All Over The World"... Yes that's what this blog really is about. I guess I should've changed the title to "Confessions of a Roving Soul?"


Streets of San Francisco


Wanderlust
Pronunciation: \ˈwän-dər-ˌləst\

Function: noun

Etymology: German, from wandern to wander + Lust desire, pleasure

What it means: strong longing for or impulse toward wandering

Since it is a noun, I don't suppose to call myself the "wanderlust-er" but "the Wanderlust". Have you ever had the feeling when you've been everywhere you can go, seen everything you can see but still feel empty in your heart?



Stairway out of Subway


You walked the streets and climbed all the steps till there's no more place to cover...then when you think you've seen it all...you STILL wanna see more! Aaah...That my friend is wanderlusting!

"Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity, ... I have seen all the works that are under the sun; and behold, all is vanity and vexation of spirit." -Eccl 1:2-14

The Bible tells us "Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him." -1 John 2:15



Pedestrian Crossing


This is my sin but thanks be to God for He has restored me to his bosom that I may be free to go wherever I want to go now, yet knowing that I'm ever under his watchful eyes. Lo! The wandering spirit is no more! Now I "walk circumspectly...Redeeming the time, because the days are evil." The days spent in vanity are days lost that could've been used for a good cause. Now is the time...TO REDEEM TIME!

For the time that I was a wanderer, I was to happy to leave God out of my thoughts and went awhoring after the world! Aaaaah....it was beautiful yet I felt sad because my heart was never contented. Such was the state of Solomon's heart (far from God) when he repented of his sin and penned the book of ECCLESIASTES or otherwise known as, The Preacher.



Night lights of Union Square, San Francisco

"And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than we believed. The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light." -Rom 13:11-12

2 comments:

Eleanor said...

nice! nice pictures taken! =P


eleanor

C said...

Congratulations on your new blog! :-)
U sure sound like a preacher in this second post. :-P Oh but nice thoughts. :-)